art of the mission of the IFT Tourism and Hotel School is to assist in Macao’s economic diversification. IFT has met that objective by expanding the courses it offers in creative fields. These courses increase the skills of the Macao community and contribute to the development of cultural and creative industries, as envisaged by the Macao SAR Government.
The IFT Tourism and Hotel School offers programmes in extensive subjects. The programmes vary in duration and degree of specialisation, and the subjects covered range from fine art painting to computer animation to crafting leather accessories.
IFT’s contribution to teaching and training workers in the cultural industries has been enhanced in recent years. The Institute now has a seat on the Committee of Cultural Industries, which is an advisor to the Government.
IFT’s Tourism and Hotel School makes regular, tangible contributions to culture and the arts in Macao by holding art exhibitions at the Mong-Há Campus and at the IFT Café, which is part of Anim’Arte Nam Van, on the Nam Van Lake waterfront. Admission to the exhibitions is free. Some exhibitions show the work of Macao artists that teach at the IFT Tourism and Hotel School, and the work of the students they teach.
The Institute is continually improving its facilities with a view to ensuring the quality of the training it gives in creative fields. It made changes to parts of its campus on Taipa specifically to accommodate courses in creative arts such as photography and drawing.
IN ACADEMIC YEAR 2016/17 WE OFFERED COURSES IN:
– Corporate identity design
– Advertising design
– Floral design
– Souvenir design and production
– Chinese and Western painting
– Chinese calligraphy and Old English calligraphyg
– Contemporary ceramics
– Design and production of leather-carving crafts
– Do-it-yourself recycling design and production
THE IFT TOURISM AND HOTEL SCHOOL HELD 7 ART EXHIBITIONS IN 2016/17:
– Believe in Art
12 October to 5 December 2016, IFT Café
– Change of Times – Solo Exhibition by Eric Fok
14 December 2016 to 10 February 2017, IFT Café
– The Voice of Design – Works Exhibition by Students and Teachers of the Bachelor of Arts in Design of Macao Polytechnic Institute
15 February to 15 April 2017, IFT Café
– Strolling on Paper – Works by Che In Lei
21 April to 21 June 2017, IFT Café
– More than Just Text – Exhibition of Book Layout and Design Works by Joaquim Cheong and his Students
31 March to 30 June 2017, Team Building, IFT Mong-Há Campus
– Looking Through the Fog – José Dores Solo Exhibition
30 June to 21 August 2017, IFT Café
– The Recultivation of Culture: An Exhibition of Creative Script Hand-Lettering – by Henry Kwok and Students
28 July to 31 October 2017, Team Building, IFT Mong-Há Campus